• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

skipping out to Vietnam??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pattymom1

What is the name of your state? Va.

My son {he is 14} told me that his dad had told him that he {husband} was thinking of leaving EVERYTHING here and going back to Vietnam.
We do not have a good marigge. If he is planningon doing this without me and my son ..what can I do to get the law after him???? I do not think he will cause it would "bring shame" to his family. :eek: :(

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Va.

My son {he is 14} told me that his dad had told him that he {husband} was thinking of leaving EVERYTHING here and going back to Vietnam.
We do not have a good marigge. If he is planningon doing this without me and my son ..what can I do to get the law after him???? I do not think he will cause it would "bring shame" to his family. :eek: :(
What do you mean "get the law after him"....It is not illegal to move to Vietnam...

pattymom1

nothing wrong with that....but to abandon your family and marry someone else { I am sure he has a girlfriend over there, I have evidence of it } without divorcing the 1 st wife? ....

Just Blue

nothing wrong with that....but to abandon your family and marry someone else { I am sure he has a girlfriend over there, I have evidence of it } without divorcing the 1 st wife? ....
That is not what you asked in your first post...you never mentioned "the other woman"...But if he does this in Vietnam, then it would be there that he is breaking the law. This is a US Law site only.

LdiJ

That is not what you asked in your first post...you never mentioned "the other woman"...But if he does this in Vietnam, then it would be there that he is breaking the law. This is a US Law site only.
It might even be a legal marriage in Vietnam if he does that....I have no idea whether they recognize marriages from other countries. Most of the world does, but that's no guarantee that they do.

I think that the OP's bigger concern should be to make sure that dad doesn't make any attempt to take the 14 year old with him if he goes. I am pretty sure that Vietnam is NOT a signatory to the Hague Convention.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It might even be a legal marriage in Vietnam if he does that....I have no idea whether they recognize marriages from other countries. Most of the world does, but that's no guarantee that they do.

I think that the OP's bigger concern should be to make sure that dad doesn't make any attempt to take the 14 year old with him if he goes. I am pretty sure that Vietnam is NOT a signatory to the Hague Convention.
Neither North nor South Vietnam is a signatory.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">