• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slow lawyer/divorce decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scarecrow0529

all i need is for him to sign the divorce decree and send to the judge so she can sign it and send it back to me so i can get a marriage license. but it has been a month since he should of done this. he always has an excuse. so i am wondering if there is something i can do to get him going or if there is a way around him. thanx

scarecrow0529

no that was about a courtdate this is about a divorce decree i was wondering if there was another way around him like somehow doing it myself or going to the judge.

ceara19

scarecrow0529 said:
no that was about a courtdate this is about a divorce decree i was wondering if there was another way around him like somehow doing it myself or going to the judge.
You cannot go directly to the judge yourself and if you want to bring the matter to court without going through the attorney, you will first need to fire him as your legal council, which is much easier if you have another attorney.

seniorjudge

ceara19 said:
You cannot go directly to the judge yourself and if you want to bring the matter to court without going through the attorney, you will first need to fire him as your legal council, which is much easier if you have another attorney.
Do not encourage double posters.

Besides...your answer is wrong.

scarecrow0529

well seniorjudge tell me your answer. and how can i be double posting when it is 2 different subjects. divorce decree/court date. tho it is the same lawyer. all right i have a solution.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">