• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Benefits in MA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Luvmypets1

What is the name of your state? MA

I just read that my receiving SS benefits (at age 62) from my ex husand will not decrease the amount of his benefits that he will be paid when he retires. Is this true in MA?

We have been married more then 10 years.

LdiJ

I just read that my receiving SS benefits (at age 62) from my ex husand will not decrease the amount of his benefits that he will be paid when he retires. Is this true in MA?

It is true in every state in the United States.

Bali Hai

Yes this is true and one of the reasons why the SS system is going BROKE!! If you got your ass out to WORK, paid into the system yourself, and, pulled your own weight like you should have, this wouldn't be a concern!!

STUPID law huh???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">