• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Disability and pension offset

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heidi64

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WV
I'm on SSDI. I will hopefully get a part of my ex-husband's pension. I was wondering if I collect his pension, will it effect my disability income. Does anybody know about the offsets, and if I'll have to pay taxes on it.

heidi64

This is a military pension. I'm just wondering if I should take a pay-off instead, if I might lose part of the ssdi over it-plus pay taxes on the pension portion.

LdiJ

This is a military pension. I'm just wondering if I should take a pay-off instead, if I might lose part of the ssdi over it-plus pay taxes on the pension portion.
You would really need to contact the Social Security Administration about this. I know that you are allowed a certain amount of additional income per month before it effects your SSDI, but I do not know what those figures are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">