• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

soon to be x wife and the car in both our names

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mustard

What is the name of your state? florida. back in july 06 i gave her a check for 25k, i sold the house, and all she was asked to do was refinance the car, wel she blew the money and never did it, now she wants me to loan her the money but i dont have it. the promblem is i cant really buy anything else because the banks are adding it into m debt to income ratio. i have a lot of nice toys, and i make enough but when they add that car im screwed, becuase of it i own a propert with another person and we need to refi the property and most likeky will be dropped from the loan. she wont trade the car in and is giving me tons of b.s. reasons. is thier anything i can do to get my name of the car. the says without refi im stuck,

mustard

thier is no court order yet, thiers nothing, im wqiting for this car thing to be done before i file. whaqt can i do

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? florida. back in july 06 i gave her a check for 25k, i sold the house, and all she was asked to do was refinance the car, wel she blew the money and never did it, now she wants me to loan her the money but i dont have it. the promblem is i cant really buy anything else because the banks are adding it into m debt to income ratio. i have a lot of nice toys, and i make enough but when they add that car im screwed, becuase of it i own a propert with another person and we need to refi the property and most likeky will be dropped from the loan. she wont trade the car in and is giving me tons of b.s. reasons. is thier anything i can do to get my name of the car. the says without refi im stuck,
There is absolutely nothing that you can do unless she refinances the car or you pay it off. Sorry, but that's the bottom line.

Britinus

Unless it is stated in the court order your pretty much screwed. You need to contact your lawyer.

Don't part with any money until the divorce is final.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Unless it is stated in the court order your pretty much screwed. You need to contact your lawyer.

Don't part with any money until the divorce is final.
Reread the original post. Apparently no one has filed anything. He may not even have an attorney. His ONLY option if he doesn't want his credit screwed is to pay off the car and then ask for it when he does file for divorce.

mustard

well i was thinking about getting a lawer today and seeing what can be done, but if it wont help then that wll be an even more waste of money. can a judge tell her to refi it or something?

LdiJ

well i was thinking about getting a lawer today and seeing what can be done, but if it wont help then that wll be an even more waste of money. can a judge tell her to refi it or something?
She can be ordered to do so, but if she doesn't have the credit herself to qualify for the refi, you are still screwed. The finance company is not a party to your divorce, and they are bound only by the terms of the original loan contract.

mustard

she has the credit, not the cash, the only other thing ive thought is holding the situation ransom. she cant buy a home if i dont sign off while were still married, so i guess i can tell her until that car is out of my name, youll be a renting

Zephyr

she has the credit, not the cash, the only other thing ive thought is holding the situation ransom. she cant buy a home if i dont sign off while were still married, so i guess i can tell her until that car is out of my name, youll be a renting
I wouldn't sign off on any loans period- neither one of you should be financing anything til you are indeed divorced

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">