• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

south carolina divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

riannacone

Help needed

South Carolina

I got married 2 years ago in south carolina. i moved to florida shortly after the marriage (she stayed in sc). we never consimated the marriage or lived together.Married her for the wrong reasons young /foolish and Gullible (She married me for papers only)

I found someone nice and we have been together 2 years I need to move foward and get married.

can i divorce from florida or do i have to go to sc? i don't think she has her green card. she does have working papers

is it quicker to get a divorce in another country like mexico or dominican republic?

or, can i divorce her using those do it yourself divorce kits i see on the internet?

please advise.

r:( :p :p

Last edited:

V

velbing

Since you have established residency in Florida, that is where you would file. Do it yourself divorce kits are legal, however a divorce in the Dominican Republic or Mexico would't be recognized by US courts. Have you considered an anulment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">