• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bluhorsy

What is the name of your state? California. my husband and i have been married for 32 years. we are thinking of seperating and even getting a divorce. i was wondering what my rights are. i have always been a housewife for 31 of those years and raised two children. i am now working as a preschool teacher making mimimum wage and can't support myself. my husband makes good money and says he will give me nothing. everything we have we have together. can someone please help me. worried:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bluhorsy said:
What is the name of your state? California. my husband and i have been married for 32 years. we are thinking of seperating and even getting a divorce. i was wondering what my rights are. i have always been a housewife for 31 of those years and raised two children. i am now working as a preschool teacher making mimimum wage and can't support myself. my husband makes good money and says he will give me nothing. everything we have we have together. can someone please help me. worried:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

My response:

He doesn't have to voluntarily give you one, thin dime. He won't have to. The court will order him to pay you spousal support! Your husband will be required, and ordered, to pay you a sufficient amount each month to keep you in the manner to which you have become accustomed.

Don't worry about it.

IAAL

B

bluhorsy

thanks so much for the info. i do feel a lot better. i think my husband either is or has had an affair with his boss. he has changed so much over this past year. thanks again for the info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">