• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spousal Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

odette

PENNSLYVANIA

I HAVE BEEN SEPARATED FROM MY HUSBAND FOR FIVE YEARS YET HE STILL VISITS ON THE WEEKEND AND WE STILL SLEEP TOGETHER. HE STILL TRIES TO CALL IT A MARRIAGE AND HE CLAIMS THAT IT IS EASIER FOR HIM TO STAY IN DELAWARE AT HIS MOTHERS HOUSE BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE A CAR. HE REFUSES TO LIVE WITH US ( TWO CHILDREN). WHEN HE HE DOES COME UP ON THE WEKENDS HE EITHER GIVES ME MONEY OR HE HELPS WITH GROCERIES AND OTHER BILLS. SINCE HE REFUSES TO ACTUALLY LIVE WITH ME, CAN I BREAK IT OFF AND SUE FOR SPOUSAL SUPPORT. HE SAYS HE WILL NOT GIVE ME ANYTHING IF HE CAN'T COME UP AND STILL HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH ME. I HAVE COME TO DEPEND ON THIS MONEY. I AM POOR AND RECIEVE FOODSTAMPS AND LIVE IN SUBSIDIZED HOUSING I WORK A JOB FOR TWO HOURS A DAY FOR FIVE DAYS AT MINIMUM WAGE. I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS ANY MORE!! CAN I GET HELP AND SUPPORT FROM HIM AND STILL KEEP MY DIGNITY?

D

dorenephilpot

You would be entitled to child support payments from him.

Whether you get spousal support will depend on the facts and circumstances of your case and will be decided by the court based on those facts.

Only you can answer the question of whether you'd rather continue with the current arrangement or whether you'd rather ditch him.

M

marlee

This guy is using you and you are letting him. Break it off and get a lawyer. This guy is responsible for you until you are divorced and responsible for your children together period. There is no dignity in allowing someone to use you in this manner. You don't need that kind of money. The law will decide what money he is liable for and you need to move on with your life, even doing what you can to find a better job. Your public assistance office can assist you in child care and education for yourself to help attain a better job and therefore become self-sufficient. Check it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">