• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spousal Support Question...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stephano

What is the name of your state?California

My divorce was final about 4 years ago and I've been paying monthly spousal support since then. I was married to my ex-wife for 22 years. Spousal support is supposed to continue until my ex-spouse dies or remarries (I think... fairly sure there's no conditions/time limit other than that).

My question is - my ex-spouse has a S.O. now and they recently started living together. I don't believe they are married. Can I have my payment lowered or dropped altogether under these circumstances?

Stephano

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stephano said:
What is the name of your state?California

My divorce was final about 4 years ago and I've been paying monthly spousal support since then. I was married to my ex-wife for 22 years. Spousal support is supposed to continue until my ex-spouse dies or remarries (I think... fairly sure there's no conditions/time limit other than that).

My question is - my ex-spouse has a S.O. now and they recently started living together. I don't believe they are married. Can I have my payment lowered or dropped altogether under these circumstances?

Stephano

My response:

Simple answer - - No.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">