• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spousal supports limits????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SSHERRY

What is the name of your state?Ohio

Are there limits to the amount of child/spousal support that can be awared in the state of OHIO? More specific, what is the maxium percent of my disposible income can be awarded to my soon to be ex-wife? For my temp. orders the judge divided my income and gave her half, but he also made me responsible for EVERY bill (all insurances, credit cards(hers too), student loans, mortgage, etc.) except her own utilities and car payments for the 2 cars she was awarded use of (I pay the insur. on these also). It is making it nearly impossible to keep up on my own bills and those I've been ordered to pay while she's banking literally thousands of dollars each month into her savings account. I have considered working more, but I fear that will increase my income too much and she will get more awarded in the final order because of that increase. Can the final orders be any worse than what I have now?? I need some good advice, so please HELP!!!!!

LdiJ

SSHERRY said:
What is the name of your state?Ohio

Are there limits to the amount of child/spousal support that can be awared in the state of OHIO? More specific, what is the maxium percent of my disposible income can be awarded to my soon to be ex-wife? For my temp. orders the judge divided my income and gave her half, but he also made me responsible for EVERY bill (all insurances, credit cards(hers too), student loans, mortgage, etc.) except her own utilities and car payments for the 2 cars she was awarded use of (I pay the insur. on these also). It is making it nearly impossible to keep up on my own bills and those I've been ordered to pay while she's banking literally thousands of dollars each month into her savings account. I have considered working more, but I fear that will increase my income too much and she will get more awarded in the final order because of that increase. Can the final orders be any worse than what I have now?? I need some good advice, so please HELP!!!!!
What you need is a good attorney. Its unlikely that the final orders could be worse, but they may not be better if you don't have solid legal representation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">