• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spouse having affair - Do I win in court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

theojkett

I suspect, with good reason and some proof, that my spouse if having an affair. Upon proving this, am I more likely to have the upper hand in the outcome of the divorce? And that being the case, is it possible for me to outline the terms of the divorce (i.e. who gets what, etc)?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Absolutely. You win. Start drawing up, and dictating, your Articles of Surrender, and make your spouse sign them, in full tux and tails, on the USS Missouri.

IAAL

U

ursula

As far as splitting the property, if you live in a no fault state, he could have slept with the whole town and it wouldn't make a difference.

vrzirn

If he is spending community assets to finance his romance then you would be entitled to recover your half of those assets. Start closing those barn doors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">