• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spouse moving out of house before divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teecoot@hotmail

I signed a letter a few weeks ago that stated that I did not consider it abandonment if my wife moved out of the house before our divorce is complete. But things that were represented verbally at the time have changed. And I do not think our 3 children should move with her for the at least 4 nights a week she wants them. She has someone funding her to have a lawyer. I do not have the money for a lawyer. She is set to move in 4 days. How should I proceed?

SHORTY LONG

Have you asked the Court to appoint you a Lawyer because you are destitute?
What about any locale Law Schools to you. In that, if you have one contact
them and see if they have a free legal clinic.
Good Luck.

Gotta go, under a Tornado. :eek:

LdiJ

I signed a letter a few weeks ago that stated that I did not consider it abandonment if my wife moved out of the house before our divorce is complete. But things that were represented verbally at the time have changed. And I do not think our 3 children should move with her for the at least 4 nights a week she wants them. She has someone funding her to have a lawyer. I do not have the money for a lawyer. She is set to move in 4 days. How should I proceed?
It wouldn't be abandonment anyway if she moves out of the house before the divorce is complete. So the letter is irrelevant.

You are going to have to accept the fact that you and mom and going to be sharing your children. You can either work on making it as amicable as possible, or you can make it hostile. Its your choice. However, hostility will do your children more damage than anyone else.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Have you asked the Court to appoint you a Lawyer because you are destitute?
What about any locale Law Schools to you. In that, if you have one contact
them and see if they have a free legal clinic.
Good Luck.

Gotta go, under a Tornado. :eek:
Attorneys are NOT appointed by the court for litigants in CIVIL cases.

LdiJ

Attorneys are NOT appointed by the court for litigants in CIVIL cases.
OG, there are a handful of states (perhaps even counties within those states) where attorneys can be appointed by the court in family law cases. I know for certain that its possible in NY. I know other states do it as well, but I cannot remember which ones.

I am also not talking about abuse or neglect cases, but ordinary family law cases.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">