• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spouse posting ad before divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

royalblue

What is the name of your state? RI

My wife of almost five years and I have discussed getting divorced and it appears we are headed in that direction.

One day while using the computer I found out that she has posted an ad on a singles website. I have not confronted her about this yet. How much of a significance does this make for my case in the divorce?

As much as I want to move along with my life and meet someone else, I am not going to pursue a new relationship until the divorce is final. That seems to be common logic.

We do not have any kids and the main sticking point is going to be our house that we bought together three years ago and the monetary assets, which were mostly accumulated by me before we married. I don't want to have give up so much that I accumulated on my own, only to lose it to her.

Any suggestions/opinions?

Thanks.What is the name of your state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? RI

My wife of almost five years and I have discussed getting divorced and it appears we are headed in that direction.

One day while using the computer I found out that she has posted an ad on a singles website. I have not confronted her about this yet. How much of a significance does this make for my case in the divorce?

As much as I want to move along with my life and meet someone else, I am not going to pursue a new relationship until the divorce is final. That seems to be common logic.

We do not have any kids and the main sticking point is going to be our house that we bought together three years ago and the monetary assets, which were mostly accumulated by me before we married. I don't want to have give up so much that I accumulated on my own, only to lose it to her.

Any suggestions/opinions?

Thanks.What is the name of your state?

She is entitled to half the assets that accumulated during the marriage and half the debt. What you accumulated before you are married -- unless you put it in joint account or mingled it with marital funds -- is still your separate property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">