• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ssdi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? TX

Is SSDI considered income in a divorce proceeding? How does it work when alimony and child support are in the mix as well?

nextwife

What is the name of your state? TX

Is SSDI considered income in a divorce proceeding? How does it work when alimony and child support are in the mix as well?
Any minor children should be receieving benefits on the disabled parties SS credits. These are usually a substitute for CS.

BL

So in the financial disclosure worksheet, the SSDI need not be disclosed?
Yes it needs to be noted . If the children are receiving benefits from the disability , it should also be noted . If not one or the other parent needs to contact SSA and apply ( usually the NCP ) . ( correction - the CP ).

Last edited:

LdiJ

Yes it needs to be noted . If the children are receiving benefits from the disability , it should also be noted . If not one or the other parent needs to contact SSA and apply ( usually the NCP ) .
Incorrect. However will be the children's rep payee, which is always the custodial parent, would be the one to apply for the children's benefits.

BL

Incorrect. However will be the children's rep payee, which is always the custodial parent, would be the one to apply for the children's benefits.
Who ever . The disability recipient should have named all children and their informantion in application.

If he/she did not , they should have .

That was my point .

If it's not taken care of at application , then it's the custodial parent that needs to apply .

Correction if I mistyped .

BTW , I am a Rep. payee .

LdiJ

Who ever . The disability recipient should have named all children and their informantion in application.

If he/she did not , they should have .

That was my point .

If it's not taken care of at application , then it's the custodial parent that needs to apply .

Correction if I mistyped .

BTW , I am a Rep. payee .
I hate it when I do that.....I don't know why I typed "however"...arg.

Also, if the children currently have benefits, then the custodial parent may need to go down and change the children's rep payee, if its not already the custodial parent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">