• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it stalking to apologize several months later?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
business...

You are delusional and a bit scary.

I hope that you find a therapist/counselor to help you with your "issues"!
Okay, we will see. Because I've been talking to many people about funding the loans for this and know exactly what properties I can buy.

Traditional banks won't do it, so I use credit unions and personal loans.

How is that delusional and scary? Please be detailed.

CdwJava

It is clear you are going to try and talk to her in spite of the unanimous opinion that this is a bad idea. So, go ahead and do it ... at your own risk.

No one cay whether an apology will be considered stalking or some other crime. A lot depends on the nature of the alleged "apology." If you follow her, track her down, and confront her in a public place, maybe it will. If you send a letter with a short sentence saying, "I'm sorry for being a jerk and I will never speak with you again - best wishes for a wonderful life," and that's it - maybe it won't. The specifics of the contact and how it makes her feel when coupled with any past contacts will be part of any evaluation as to any criminal acts.

If you are fishing for someone to give you a clearly black or white decision, you ain't gonna find it. Since you seem intent on continuing this infatuation, I can only predict that this will not end well. This time it's an apology, next time it will be an explanation, the time after that another apology, and so on ... I've put people like that in prison. You'd best beware that your actions CAN be seen as threatening, and at the very least, creepy. Move on, get therapy, and focus on your business venture.

Proserpina

Actually, it is.

Should I get back to you in a few years? I will own many apartment complexes and hotels. Trust me. Years of planning in the making.

Fabulous! Now if you can just convince Those Important Folk to let your commissary account go over the maximum you'll be all set!

Ladyback1

Okay, we will see. Because I've been talking to many people about funding the loans for this and know exactly what properties I can buy.

Traditional banks won't do it, so I use credit unions and personal loans.

How is that delusional and scary? Please be detailed.
The mere fact that you held on to the photos of your Ex...and even considered using them to exact your revenge on the Ex---that's pretty scary.
The simple fact that you think it would be ok to contact her in any shape, form or fashion--is delusional AND scary.
(I am not even going to touch your aspirations and delusions of grandeur!)

Move on. Let the Ex live her life. Take this as a life lesson. Learn from it. Grow from it. But for the sake of all that is HOLY--stop worrying about the Ex.

It is clear you are going to try and talk to her in spite of the unanimous opinion that this is a bad idea. So, go ahead and do it ... at your own risk.

No one cay whether an apology will be considered stalking or some other crime. A lot depends on the nature of the alleged "apology." If you follow her, track her down, and confront her in a public place, maybe it will. If you send a letter with a short sentence saying, "I'm sorry for being a jerk and I will never speak with you again - best wishes for a wonderful life," and that's it - maybe it won't. The specifics of the contact and how it makes her feel when coupled with any past contacts will be part of any evaluation as to any criminal acts.

If you are fishing for someone to give you a clearly black or white decision, you ain't gonna find it. Since you seem intent on continuing this infatuation, I can only predict that this will not end well. This time it's an apology, next time it will be an explanation, the time after that another apology, and so on ... I've put people like that in prison. You'd best beware that your actions CAN be seen as threatening, and at the very least, creepy. Move on, get therapy, and focus on your business venture.
Obviously, it wouldn't be threatening.

trust...

There are people who talk and there are people who just do and don't need to talk.

The girl obviously trusted you and that was a big mistake, otherwise she would not have dumped you and you would not be whining here. You can not yet be trusted.

No, she didn't trust me yet. She said she didn't trust anyone.

Move on...

The mere fact that you held on to the photos of your Ex...and even considered using them to exact your revenge on the Ex---that's pretty scary.
The simple fact that you think it would be ok to contact her in any shape, form or fashion--is delusional AND scary.
(I am not even going to touch your aspirations and delusions of grandeur!)

Move on. Let the Ex live her life. Take this as a life lesson. Learn from it. Grow from it. But for the sake of all that is HOLY--stop worrying about the Ex.
Yes, but the "scriptures" (they exist), on these topics say that if you come back as a new person, you can actually get her back.

One of the last things she said was "I didn't deserve her".... so if I come back and say "you were right... I didn't.... but what about now?".... you never know.

CdwJava

Obviously, it wouldn't be threatening.
The syntax and words do not have to be threatening to constitute a crime.

A case can be made for stalking and related offenses simply by the pattern of behavior. Your obsession here could very well lead to jail time ... and your supposed business scheme will head into the toilet if that happens.

CdwJava

Yes, but the "scriptures" (they exist), on these topics say that if you come back as a new person, you can actually get her back.

One of the last things she said was "I didn't deserve her".... so if I come back and say "you were right... I didn't.... but what about now?".... you never know.
Why are you here? You clearly do not care what anyone else has to say about the nature of the law - or common sense. So, why are you here? You asked for advice, and you got it - an unequivocal, "Don't do it!!!"

If/when you do this and the police come knocking, I would recommend you have an attorney already on retainer.

Why are you here? You clearly do not care what anyone else has to say about the nature of the law - or common sense. So, why are you here? You asked for advice, and you got it - an unequivocal, "Don't do it!!!"

If/when you do this and the police come knocking, I would recommend you have an attorney already on retainer.
As far as I know... I have freedom of speech as long as I don't threaten anyone, so I think I should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">