• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

standard visitation times?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

momma1

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Ok. I moved to Portage County a few months ago from Columbiana County. My ex-husband did not contest the move. We have shared parenting. We follow the standard 9.4 guidelines basically except in our agreement it states that he is to have our son on every Wednesday until the start of school the next day or home by 9 a.m. in the summer. He has him every other weekend also....on Sunday it states again that he may have him until the start of school on Monday, ect.

Here is my problem. Since I moved away (approx 60 minutes from ex-husband), does the times mentioned above become void due to the travel distance and fall under the regular standard visitation return times such as 5 p.m. on Friday until 6 p.m. on Sunday (not sure what the standard time is....and I would like to know). Reason being, my ex-husband does not feel that he needs to return my son home by 7 p.m. he keeps getting later and later with return times on school nights. He needs to do home work, take a bath, etc before bed at 8 p.m. (My son is in first grade) Even when I lived in Columbiana County, 10 minutes from my ex-spouse, he did not keep him over night on Wednesday or Sunday nights either because he was in Kindergarten.

Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">