• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Status Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mrs. Jones

California -

My husband and I are set to have a status hearing for our separation. I had him served with the Summons as well as Income and Expense forms. Although we have been in regular contact, he has not given me any official response on either. He is aware that we are supposed to meet in court on Monday, but I don't know what, if anything, is going to be accomplished since he keeps saying that he has to take a look at all the papers. We have semi-agreed to most of the items and there is no property involved. We are just going back and forth on custody and support. (I have a Disso printout with very conservative numbers that he has been paying refularly for he last three months but is just now wanting to renegotiate.)

What can I do at this point? Just hope that he shows up on Monday? If he doesn't or isn't prepared when he does, what will the process be at that point?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">