• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Steps in an Annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gryndor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am fully aware, having read other threads, that divorces are cheaper, easier and preferred when it comes to ending a marriage.

BUT

If fraud is easily proven and one wants to push an annulment through, what can I expect after I file my paperwork and am waiting for the other party's response? What about after that? I have looked for websites to explain what I might expect but all the info I find is only the initial stages... what happens after you file? Please point me in the right direction, or if you know/want to give me a rundown of what typically happens should the judge be swayed by the specifics of the fraud being presented.

I know this has been asked eight million times, I'm sorry but no one answered in a way other than, "divorce is easier."

CourtClerk

The specifics of an annulment vary from situation to situation. No two are alike. You'll need to seek an attorney so they can advise you as to what to expect with your specific situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">