• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stimulus Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lorbal15

What is the name of your state? PA

We are still married, living apart. We filed 2007 taxes jointly & split the refund. My husband has received the stimulus check & will not give me my half. He stated that I said he could have the whole amount. He is calling my family stating that I took the money. What can I do?

LdiJ

We are still married, living apart. We filed 2007 taxes jointly & split the refund. My husband has received the stimulus check & will not give me my half. He stated that I said he could have the whole amount. He is calling my family stating that I took the money. What can I do?
I am assuming that your refund was a direct deposit and therefore the stimulous payment was also a direct deposit....

Not a danged thing at this point. If you file for divorce you can make him accountable for the stimulus payment as a marital asset, but that's about it.

If filing separately would cost him extra...maybe you could try explaining to him that if he doesn't play fair...you'll file separately next year. Just an idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">