• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stop or slow down divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edmk411

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
there are 2 states involved, Texas were i am and Arkansas were my wife moved to the last week of July. How can i slow down or stop this and can i make her get concealing? or strongly suggest it?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
there are 2 states involved, Texas were i am and Arkansas were my wife moved to the last week of July. How can i slow down or stop this and can i make her get concealing? or strongly suggest it?
You can't prevent a divorce if the other person wants one.

The only thing that could slow it down is residency requirements-if she hasn't already filed in TX. Since she's no longer a resident of TX, she can't file for divorce there. She won't be able to file for divorce in AR until she's met their residency requirements (which is unfortunately only 60 days in AR).

You can certainly suggest counseling and even ask the court to suggest it. However, a direct order for counseling (even if it could be enforced) won't do any good. If she has to be ordered to attend counseling, chances are slim that it's going to do any good. You're probably better off spending your energy trying to get her to consider it voluntarily.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">