• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopped Paying All Bills - Al

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tess Wilson

What is the name of your state? AL''

What can I do? My husband refuses to pay our bills and our mortgate and I cannot pay them. A settlement is months away, if then because of delays and his postponements. He doesn't care about his credit because he lives off his grandmother who buys him everything he wants and will pay the bills he wants her to so he could care less if the bills are paid or not. I did not know this until just recently. What a scum bag and user of family and friends!! If I had only known what a leach he was - he covered it well!! We have children and I need help. My attorney is telling me he is doing everything he can and to just hold on that he is digging a deeper and deeper hole. HOW can I when he is destroying me and our children's future. He does not care about the children. I have heard that this is a common problem in divorce and women and children suffer the most from this and the courts do nothing to help. I know of several women who have been financially destroyed because of it. Is there anything that can be done? I can do without but my children can't.

Need good advice.
Thanks

C

camelah

I can't offer any legal advice but wanted to let you know I am dealing with much of the same. He opened his own accts to make sure the kids and I have no way to pay bills, buy food or anything else. No one seems to care either because he continues to make things worse for the kids and I while he still appears as if he is the victim in all of this. You are correct...many of us do deal with this exact thing while there is nothing we can do about it.

W

wukie2001

Get a job.
I'm not trying to be mean. Seriously, job = money. Money to pay bills.

VeronicaGia

Tess Wilson said:
What is the name of your state? AL''

I have heard that this is a common problem in divorce and women and children suffer the most from this and the courts do nothing to help. I know of several women who have been financially destroyed because of it. Is there anything that can be done? I can do without but my children can't.

Need good advice.
Thanks
Both women and men suffer during and after a divorce. So do children. Men and women are financially destroyed due to divorce.

Do you work? If not, you need to find a job to help keep yourself afloat now and after the divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">