• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopping the process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fldivorce5763

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I am nearing the end of a 20 month battle from hell. I had to release my attorney when i ran out of funds.
Pre trial is scheduled for 9/30/09 with trial set for 11/9 and 11/10
Wife has not submitted volumes of discovery, and their side is preventing me from getting an inventory of property at our home and of a retail store we own.

Can i do something to stop the proceeding until i recieve them? I live out of state and it is difficult to go back before the Court each time they pull this kind of manuvering.

mistoffolees

I am nearing the end of a 20 month battle from hell. I had to release my attorney when i ran out of funds.
Wife has not submitted volumes of discovery, and their side is preventing me from getting an inventory of property at our home and of a retail store we own.

Can i do something to stop the proceeding until i recieve them? I live out of state and it is difficult to go back before the Court each time they pull this kind of manuvering.
Yes, you can stay the proceedings, but I'm not sure that's your best choice.

If there is already a discovery order in place and you haven't received the information covered by the discovery order, then you can file for contempt. Ask the judge to order them to comply or pay penalties. You can also ask for an order that stbx pays your legal and transportation expenses incurred in trying to enforce the earlier order.

Gracie3787

As OG said, you'll need to file a motion to compel ASAP.
Since you already have a pre trial date on the 30th, you'll need to file right away and ask that the hearing on the motion be set before the pre trial date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">