• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

strict procedure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quashabuela

What is the name of your state? CA

Okay, in a nutshell: I have another hearing on the 21st, at which the judge says she will refer the matter to mediation if it is still in contention. (it is)

Before she summarily does that, I have some documents I want to get entered into the file because all that's in there right now are my parents' CONFIDENTIAL allegations which I don't get to see, and the complaint itself, which is a pinnacle of creative untruth.

After last time, I already know that I need to have lots of copies for all their lawyers. What I want to know is, what exactly do I SAY, and at what point do I say it? This judge is extremely formal and is inclined to not give me much chance to say anything, or even a good opening.

Please help!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

quashabuela said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Okay, in a nutshell: I have another hearing on the 21st, at which the judge says she will refer the matter to mediation if it is still in contention. (it is)

Before she summarily does that, I have some documents I want to get entered into the file because all that's in there right now are my parents' CONFIDENTIAL allegations which I don't get to see, and the complaint itself, which is a pinnacle of creative untruth.

After last time, I already know that I need to have lots of copies for all their lawyers. What I want to know is, what exactly do I SAY, and at what point do I say it? This judge is extremely formal and is inclined to not give me much chance to say anything, or even a good opening.

Please help!!

My response:

Basically, you're asking us: "How do I practice law?" That's what you're saying. First, we don't know your case. Second, we don't send people to law school. If you want to play Perry Mason, then go to a law library. Hint: Read the court rules for Family Law courts. That's not all though - - you may want to brush up on the Evidence Code too.

IAAL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Don't you think it would be wise to retain counsel - isn't that the reason you got the continuence last month?

LdiJ

stealth2 said:
Don't you think it would be wise to retain counsel - isn't that the reason you got the continuence last month?
I seriously agree. You are letting them get away with something that they can't get away with...as IAAL hinted. If you don't get an attorney at least listen to his hints.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">