• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stuck with the bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaydenl4

What is the name of your state? PA

A few months ago I walked into Wendys to get some lunch. As I approached the counter I slipped and fell in what appeared to be a large amount of some type of soft drink. I got up and went to the counter and the girl was very rude to me because I asked for a new potato because mine was ruined. Several people in line asked me if I was ok and I said I guess. An employee rushed out with a mop and cleaned up and put a wet floor sign down. One of the customers in the line told him it should have been there when the drink was spilled. As I was leaving the manager rushed out behind me and apologized. I was sore but I could not hang around as I had to get back to work. A couple hours later I went back and filled out a claim form just in case because I began to get sore. They gave me a number and told me that if I went to the hospital to give them the info and they would pay the bill. Well the next morning I was so and my leg was hurting pretty bad so I went to the hospital. They said I was bruised and gave medicine there and two prescriptions. I called Wendy's corporate and noone would return my call. I went back to the restaurant and spoke to the manager and she assured me that it was called in. They never did. Noone at the corporate offices to this day has returned my call. Meanwhile I have a bill for $700 that I cannot afford to pay. You see I have excellent health insurance but I was told not to give my insurance but Wendy claim number. The most hurting thing about this is not that I have a knee problem that I am being treated for probably because of the fall but, I owe my employer $700, as I work for the largest healthcare employer in Pa. I got frustrated and gave up. Is it too late, I am calling the hospital tomorrow and ask for payment arrangements. I just don't think it is fair.

jaydenl4

please accept apology

I posted this thread in the wrong place, please forgive me. I will try to remove it. I am new to this site and did not realize until to late, senior member. Wow I wish you would have answered this quickly when I posted in the right place a while ago. Meanwhile I received no input from anyone.

Sorry, wont post again.
jaydenl4

brisgirl825

jaydenl4 said:
I posted this thread in the wrong place, please forgive me. I will try to remove it. I am new to this site and did not realize until to late, senior member. Wow I wish you would have answered this quickly when I posted in the right place a while ago. Meanwhile I received no input from anyone.

Sorry, wont post again.
jaydenl4

Go ahead and make a new post in the appropriate forum. I don't know much about small claims issues, so I can't be of any help, sorry.
I am sure, if you are patient, someone will get around to helping you.

GL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">