• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpeona for Deposition as Witness in Other State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Allison69

What is the name of your state?Georgia

I received a subpeona today for Deposition in the State of Florida as a witness only in a friends divorce proceedings. It is my understanding that I do not have to appear since I live in Georgia and that if they want to take my deposition then they would need to travel to the state where I reside since I do not have any activity in the State of Florida. I also thought that if they wanted me to appear in Florida then I should have received a check at the time I received my subpeona for my transportation costs and the daily fee allowed by Florida. Please advise.

Thanks

LdiJ

Allison69 said:
What is the name of your state?Georgia

I received a subpeona today for Deposition in the State of Florida as a witness only in a friends divorce proceedings. It is my understanding that I do not have to appear since I live in Georgia and that if they want to take my deposition then they would need to travel to the state where I reside since I do not have any activity in the State of Florida. I also thought that if they wanted me to appear in Florida then I should have received a check at the time I received my subpeona for my transportation costs and the daily fee allowed by Florida. Please advise.

Thanks
I would suggest that you contact the appropriate attorney and ask them what arrangments they intend to make to either depose you in your area or to provide your travel expenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">