• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena Bank Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccshurt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? :)Beautiful Sunny Florida.
The Judge granted me the right to Subpoena all bank records. He has so many Banks and I just don't want to blow it. Five banks so far that I know of. Can I just Subpoena all the banks in a ten mile radius and will the bank records show where the CDs went to.(Probably not) My X had alot of monies in several CDs and he took ALOT out. I do not see it being depostited anywhere. How do I fill out the Subpoenas correctly?

LdiJ

The Judge granted me the right to Subpoena all bank records. He has so many Banks and I just don't want to blow it. Five banks so far that I know of. Can I just Subpoena all the banks in a ten mile radius and will the bank records show where the CDs went to.(Probably not) My X had alot of monies in several CDs and he took ALOT out. I do not see it being depostited anywhere. How do I fill out the Subpoenas correctly?
Its quite possible that some or all of the money is no longer in his name. Do you have bank records showing how much was in the accounts prior to his moving the money? If so, the judge can make him account for it.

mistoffolees

You can't just subpoena every bank in town. You have to have some justification.

You can subpoena information from banks where you know he has accounts. If some of the account information you have indicates a large transfer to another bank, you can probably issue a subpoena for information from THAT bank, as well. If you have evidence that he took out a lot of money, ask the court to order him to account for it. Beyond that, you probably need expert help (probably a forensic accountant).

Gracie3787

Actually, you could serve all the banks with the subpoenas. If he doesn't, or didn't have an account in his name with that bank, all the bank would have to do is state that.

HOWEVER, are you aware that a subppoena must be served by process server?
Service through the Sheriff's Dept costs $25 for EACH subpoena. A private server costs more.

So, unless you have ALOT of money to waste, you really need to figure out exactly which banks to serve.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">