• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

subpoena cell phone records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confusedinpa38

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I am inquiring to see if cell phone records can be subpoenad if the cell phone is not in the persons name who is trying to subpoena them?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I am inquiring to see if cell phone records can be subpoenad if the cell phone is not in the persons name who is trying to subpoena them?
Yes, but what do you hope to accomplish? What can you prove merely by showing that person A contacted person B?

Ronin

I would qualify that yes as a very tenuous and uncertain yes. One has to have awful good justification for a court to issue a subpoena against the personal phone records of a non-party to a suit. It’s not very likely to happen in a divorce or custody case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">