• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

subpoena financial records?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gmr8of11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ.

My wife has hidden assets in her mother's name and with her mother's accounts. How can I subpeona those accounts? I know the bank account #s and they are extensive assets.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ.

My wife has hidden assets in her mother's name and with her mother's accounts. How can I subpeona those accounts? I know the bank account #s and they are extensive assets.
Get an attorney.

If the accounts were in your wife's name, you MIGHT be able to handle it on your own. But if they're in her mother's name, it's not a DIY project.

However, it's going to come down to what evidence can you provide that she's hidden assets in her mother's name? Make sure you have copies of every check she wrote to her mother's account and/or any transfers to that account. That will help your attorney to be able to access the records.

masimo125

If the accounts were in your wife's name, you MIGHT be able to handle it on your own. But if they're in her mother's name, it's not a DIY project.

However, it's going to come down to what evidence can you provide that she's hidden assets in her mother's name? Make sure you have copies of every check she wrote to her mother's account and/or any transfers to that account. That will help your attorney to be able to access the records.
My wife convinced me to wire ~$25k to another country to her mother's account 3.5 years ago. I have detailed records that show all about this internation wire transfer and money in our joint (wife and I) bank account prior to that. Would that be sufficient to show to the judge that this is my wife's asset? Reading the above it seems like it could be. I wonder though if that is sufficient proof this is my wife's asset. :confused:

Sorry, it's a subquestion of the original question. I guess I recognized I have a bit easier case on hand than the gentleman above.

Last edited:

mistoffolees

My wife convinced me to wire ~$25k to another country to her mother's account 3.5 years ago. I have detailed records that show all about this internation wire transfer and money in our joint (wife and I) bank account prior to that. Would that be sufficient to show to the judge that this is my wife's asset? Reading the above it seems like it could be. I wonder though if that is sufficient proof this is my wife's asset. :confused:

Sorry, it's a subquestion of the original question. I guess I recognized I have a bit easier case on hand than the gentleman above.
I doubt if that would be sufficient. Your wife could say that you jointly agreed to give her mother a gift. Also, waiting 3.5 years without doing anything implies consent.

But see an attorney.

LdiJ

Please don't ask questions on another person's thread. That is a violation of forum ettiquette. It is considered to be hijacking that person's thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">