• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena plane passenger list?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Caesar

What is the name of your state? PA

Can a plane's passenger list be subpoenaed/released from the airline for a divorce/child custody case? if so, what would be the circumstances in which the courts would issue such an order? Thanks

Zephyr

Caesar said:

Can a plane's passenger list be subpoenaed/released from the airline for a divorce/child custody case? if so, what would be the circumstances in which the courts would issue such an order? Thanks
why would you want that?

seniorjudge

Caesar said:

I doubt that you will ever get a passenger list.

Caesar

Well, her husband is trying to accuse her of adultery and she's pretty sure his girlfriend was on the plane with him and I assume she wants evidence to show he was with her. I know from a legal stand-point it probably wouldn't matter but she is a little worried about his accusations against her affecting her alimony - does anyone know if subpoenaing a passenger list to accumulate evidence for adultery even possible (more out of curiosity at this point than anything)? thanks

Bali Hai

Caesar said:
Well, her husband is trying to accuse her of adultery and she's pretty sure his girlfriend was on the plane with him and I assume she wants evidence to show he was with her. I know from a legal stand-point it probably wouldn't matter but she is a little worried about his accusations against her affecting her alimony - does anyone know if subpoenaing a passenger list to accumulate evidence for adultery even possible (more out of curiosity at this point than anything)? thanks
She doesn't have to worry about that.

Unless she spent alot of money on the guy, which is highly unlikely.

Nocgirl

She is not going to get this,k PA is a no fault state anyways so the state does not care why you get divorced.

I would not be holding out for alot of alimomy here. You don't get alimony just because you are the wife and the husband, or both, are cheating. Any alimony she gets will probably be 2 years at the max (half the length of the marriage). She should be asking her attorney these questions.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And being on the same plane isn't proof of anything except..... being on the same plane. To prove adultery, she either needs to catch them in flagrente or have something like a child that a DNA test will prove is her hubby's.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">