• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Substantial change in circumstances

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deadlunch

What is the name of your state?NY
What exactly qualifies as a substantial change? I have my children 20% of the time and want it to be increased to 50/50. My ex-wife is heinous and keeps saying negative things about me- of course this I can't prove, but any law guardian would be able to get it out of the kids (11,7,5). I want to also get joint custody (at least of the younger two) and play a more active role in my children's lives but am consistently denied the right (I go to their teachers but my ex is so venemous that they are wary of her wrath). I am willing to go the full nine to get it, even if it means waiting a little while to gather proof. I do want to know what sort of documentation I need to show to the court to implement this. We live right across the street from each other so there's no great displacement and my son (7) always tells me he want to live with me- any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much :)

Zephyr

you might get better responses to this if you post in the child custody section. you are legally entitled to the info from the school, no matter how uncomfortable the teachers are about your ex getting mad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">