• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing ExWife in Small Claims Court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdad

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on suing an ex-spouse in Small Claims Court for Atty fees incurred related to false accusations of abuse that barred me from having any contact with my Son? Now that it is over and I have written documentation that it was unfounded, and a written evaluation of me saying I am a fit parent.

I'm pretty tired of Attys and paying for one, so I would rather do this myself if it can be done successfully on some level.

Thanks! Jdad

ceara19

jdad said:
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on suing an ex-spouse in Small Claims Court for Atty fees incurred related to false accusations of abuse that barred me from having any contact with my Son? Now that it is over and I have written documentation that it was unfounded, and a written evaluation of me saying I am a fit parent.

I'm pretty tired of Attys and paying for one, so I would rather do this myself if it can be done successfully on some level.

Thanks! Jdad
What type of financial impact did this have on you?

seniorjudge

jdad said:

Thanks! Jdad
If you feel that someone has damaged you (dollarwise) then sue that person in small claims court and present the documentation you have.

Now, if ex said you abused kid, do you have something that definitely states that you did NOT abuse the kid when she says you did?

Also, remember that the court system is reluctant to punish anyone for making even unfounded reports, especially of child abuse.

In other words, you have a huge proof problem.

jdad

THanks

I dont have anything that says, without a doubt you did nothing inappropriate, but neither does she have anything saying i did either. I do have a psychologist (court appointed btw) report that clears me and says I should not be considerred in any way to be a child abuser and states no evidence exist that I ever was. Also, wouldnt my best witness be my Son himself?

Last edited:

ceara19

jdad said:
I dont have anything that says, without a doubt you did nothing inappropriate, but neither does she have anything saying i did either. I do have a psychologist (court appointed btw) report that clears me and says I should not be considerred in any way to be a child abuser and states no evidence exist that I ever was. Also, wouldnt my best witness be my Son himself?
NO. Do not put your son in the middle of a dispute over money. It will look very bad on you if it gets back to the family court judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">