• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suing my spouses mistress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

reneet

I just found out tht my husband cheated on me and produced a child. The woman is now trying to get child support. She knew he was married because she knew me! I want to find out if I can sue her in a civil court for her actions and my pain and suffering! I can deal with my husband but I want to deal with her also. I confronted her sometime ago and she denied having an affair with him. Please, any answers would be great! Oh Yeah, they are both in the Military!

Last edited:

J

jim40

I wish someone would answer, because I ask the same thing yesterday and no one replied. Please someone with an answer respond to this question.

T

Toniree

If you are divorcing your husband, you could sue her in Civil Court under the "Alienation of Affection" precedent.

R

reneet

Thanks for the reply! If I decide not to divorce my husband, can I still sue under the Alienation of Affection precedent?

N

niquern

I live in Maryland also, I did some research on this same subject. Maryland abolished the law for Alienation of Affection as a tort law. You cantry to sue her for emotional distress in a civil court but it is hard to prove and expensive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">