• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons Question - Important or Standard Data

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EmuMessenger

What is the name of your state? TN

I have received a divorce summons package.

The reason stated is irreconcilable differences, but goes on to say "The plantiff reserves the right to allege additional grounds for divorce against defendant in the event that this matter is not resolved prior to the trial of this cause."... (What does this mean? Is this standard info)

Then it says:

The plantiff prays:

1. Proper process issue and be served upon me, requiring me to answer this complaint under oath

2. The parties be awarded an absolute divorce

3. That there be a reasonable and equitable division of the real and personal property of the parties pursuant to TN law

4. The plantiff be awarded all of her separate property including her interest in the residence at address....

5. That any marital dissolution agreement entered into between the parties be approved by the court and incorporated into the final decree of divorce

6. That plaintiff be restored her maiden name...

7. That the plaintiff have such further and general relief to which she may be entitled in the premises

Is all of this information on all documents, or is this stuff specific to our case.

There is no specific mention of things like furniture, pets, joint bank accounts, etc.

Thank you in advance for some help! :(

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
That all sounds like pretty standard legalese. And for what it's worth? "things like furniture, pets, joint bank accounts, etc." are mentioned in item 3. That's what "real and personal property" refers to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">