• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Supeoned to boyfriends divorce court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lpass

Ohio.
My 2 daughters and I are currently living with my boyfriend. His two kids also live with us every other week. My boyfriend went through a not so nice divorce before we got together. This summer he and I, both working at the same place, got laid off. I go a job right away, he is still not working, but has some good potentials. He applied to temporarily stop child support/alimony (which is an outratgeous amount!!) and his lawyer automatically requested child support from the spouse since he has the kids 50% of the time.

His court date to review the child support/alimony is in a week. I received a supeona yesterday from her lawyer telling me to bring my last 2 paystubs and my 2001 federal tax returns.

I am outraged!! I do not believe that she has the right to bring me into this. My salary should not pertain to anything with their agreemtents!! I cannot imagine that the courts could force me to even show my financial information for a person that I am not even married too. Can you tell me if they can do this? I'm considering getting my own lawyer, but want to know what the laws are before I spend my money. With him out of work we are tight right now.

Oh, in addition, the day of the court date is a very important day at work for me. I am supposed to deliver a product to a client and work with them to get it running (computers). My office will not be happy. Can I get out of this at all??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

djohnson

only under rare circumstances can they take your pay in to account. regretfully this sounds like one of those times. If you were supbeona to be there you have to go or get charged with contempt. Show your employer the supbeona and explain you have to reschedule.

T

TIBY2KJD

Check with an attorney of your own as many will give a free initial consultation.
The way that I understand things is; unless you guys are actually married, whether common law or the "normal" way, your income has no bearing on the situation. As was stated earlier, special circumstances may change this so check with an attorney. Best of luck!!!! Sounds as if my ex has a sister I didn't know about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">