• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

support adjustments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fuquam

Oregon

- If I ever get remarried will this affect my child support payment having a potential double income? Will that person be liable for any debt, expenses, support when it comes to the kids?

- At the time of our settlement my ex had accumulated a significant amount of debt that I was unaware of. As a result my support payments have been highly inflated vs what my take home income is. As a result I'm now in significant debt. She was awarded $40,000 from my 401K to potentially get herself out of debt. If I were to file a motion for support adjustment would my current debt help lower my support payments or no because none of that debt was accumulated while we were married?

- I had no claim to any of our shared assets (furniture, appliances, etc). Am I now completely out if she sells anything? Especially when it comes to the equity in the house? If I do purchase a house my living expenses will go up (rent vs mortgage). Will this help lower my support payments?

LdiJ

Oregon

- If I ever get remarried will this affect my child support payment having a potential double income? Will that person be liable for any debt, expenses, support when it comes to the kids?

- At the time of our settlement my ex had accumulated a significant amount of debt that I was unaware of. As a result my support payments have been highly inflated vs what my take home income is. As a result I'm now in significant debt. She was awarded $40,000 from my 401K to potentially get herself out of debt. If I were to file a motion for support adjustment would my current debt help lower my support payments or no because none of that debt was accumulated while we were married?

- I had no claim to any of our shared assets (furniture, appliances, etc). Am I now completely out if she sells anything? Especially when it comes to the equity in the house? If I do purchase a house my living expenses will go up (rent vs mortgage). Will this help lower my support payments?
None of that impacts a child support calculation. If she was awarded the house and its contents in the divorce, then no, you do not get any part of it if she sells.

Silverplum

Oregon

Generally not. But then I read here (http://www.divorcenet.com/resources/child-support/oregon) that the calculations can look at the spouse/live-in's income. You're going to want to investigate that further.

fuquam said:
No.

fuquam said:
No.

http://www.oregonchildsupport.gov/laws/rules/pages/guideline_rules.aspx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">