• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking child out of State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lindasc

What is the name of your state? NC
My daughter-in-law is separated from my son. They live in Raleigh, NC and my Daughter-in-law took their 1 year old daughter and moved in with her parents in Tulsa, OK. Is this against the law?What is the name of your state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Has either one filed for divorce? Is their a restraining order or other court order prohibiting the children from being removed from the jurisdiction?

Lindasc

Neither has filed for divorce, they are actually hoping for reconciliation (even though it has been 10 months and no marriage councelling) Ther is no restraining order or other court order prohibiting the children from being removed from the jurisdiction.

BelizeBreeze

Neither has filed for divorce, they are actually hoping for reconciliation (even though it has been 10 months and no marriage councelling) Ther is no restraining order or other court order prohibiting the children from being removed from the jurisdiction.
How long has she been there?

LdiJ

Then your daughter in law was perfectly free to do that. If she did it more than six months ago, Oklahoma now has jursidiction where matters regarding the children are concerned.

BelizeBreeze

Then your daughter in law was perfectly free to do that. If she did it more than six months ago, Oklahoma now has jursidiction where matters regarding the children are concerned.
Again, wrong. Until such time as a petition to divorce is filed, NO STATE has jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">