• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking Items from Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diz

What is the name of your state? CA - In our divorce it states that we are to sell the home and split the profits. The home was originally to be sold with a hot tub and pool (soft sided pool & equipment). My ex has since removed the pool and the hot tub and took them to a family members home. The hot tub has been set up (electricity & being used at his family members home), the other he says he's had the realtor put back on the listing for the home but is still stored at his family members home. He is living in the home which is on the market. I have told him that if he's not going to include the item that I'd like for them to be sold but he keeps saying that he doesn't know what he wants to do with the items (he doesn't want to sell them right now). What I think he's done is sold the hot tub or both items to his family member and is keeping the $ instead of splitting it (which is what I told him we need to do if we don't want to sell it with the home).

What options do I have. Both items used are worth about $5000. Can he remove items that were to be sold with the home and sell them or give them away? What can I do?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? CA - In our divorce it states that we are to sell the home and split the profits. The home was originally to be sold with a hot tub and pool (soft sided pool & equipment). My ex has since removed the pool and the hot tub and took them to a family members home. The hot tub has been set up (electricity & being used at his family members home), the other he says he's had the realtor put back on the listing for the home but is still stored at his family members home. He is living in the home which is on the market. I have told him that if he's not going to include the item that I'd like for them to be sold but he keeps saying that he doesn't know what he wants to do with the items (he doesn't want to sell them right now). What I think he's done is sold the hot tub or both items to his family member and is keeping the $ instead of splitting it (which is what I told him we need to do if we don't want to sell it with the home).

What options do I have. Both items used are worth about $5000. Can he remove items that were to be sold with the home and sell them or give them away? What can I do?
File for contempt for his removing the items from the home. You are most likely correct that he sold the items to his family member. By filing for contempt you force him to address the issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">