• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tammy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tamedmunds

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law? Florida

I was married in Maryland and now live in Florida. I need to het a divorce, but I have not spoken to my husband in over 8 years and dont know where he is. I dont want any alomony, we have no children or property. I would like to file the papers myself. Could you please adivse me on the steps I need to take to make this happen.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law? Florida

I was married in Maryland and now live in Florida. I need to het a divorce, but I have not spoken to my husband in over 8 years and dont know where he is. I dont want any alomony, we have no children or property. I would like to file the papers myself. Could you please adivse me on the steps I need to take to make this happen.
Since you don't know where your husband is, you're going to need to serve him by publication which is probably not something you can handle on your own. You should seek an attorney.

Since there are not children, alimony, or property involved, it shouldn't be terribly expensive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">