• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taxes/Stalling/Life Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nautical_boy

The Great State of Texas

My wife filed personal bankruptcy last year and I am wondering if we file a joint tax return if that will be showing up on my credit report. We have never purchased anything together as the marriage only lasted a year - blended family... or would it be best for me to file married/seperate or does it matter?

Also we have an agreed divorce, but she is not signing the answer or the decreee for me to make it final. This way i still have to pay for her health and dental insurance until she finds a job. Is there anything i can do to speed this up other than retaining a layer?

Life insurance...since she is stalling...if I should die before this is final, my son who I have custody of would get nothing. Can I file something in the interum to say she gets nothing and my son gets everything with my parents in control of the trust fund that all the money would go into?

nextwife

Can't you buy a supplimental cheap term policy to protect your son, in addition to the one that needs to be dealt with in the divorce?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">