• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tracy C

What is the name of your state? KY
My husband's ex wife "continues" to use his last name and slander his name as a Dr. even though she has been married to two other men,since him, in the last two years and has spent time in drug rehab twice and been put in jail for 3 months.

There are children and they have been with their daddy since their mother left.

She has not divorced the last husband yet, but has moved out and is now living with the third boyfriend. This last boyfriend has decided to get her another lawyer to try and reopen the case for alimony, and custody of the children. We know we don't need to worry about that, the court knows her
Our question is, is there anyway to stop her from using his last name since she has ben remarried twice. We think that makes her aquaintences see dollar signs.

Last edited:

ceara19

You can't force her to change her name. A person is free to use what ever name they want. Say your husband is Dr. Jones, I can go done to the courthouse and chage my name to Jones and I was never married to him.

divorcen

Get Over It!

Why don't you want your stepkid's mom to have the same name that they have? Slandering a name? I would be much more concerned about her not being there for the kids with all her troubles. Aren't your concerns a little vain?

Shay-Pari'e

divorcen said:
Why don't you want your stepkid's mom to have the same name that they have? Slandering a name? I would be much more concerned about her not being there for the kids with all her troubles. Aren't your concerns a little vain?
I don't find it vain at all, about the name. She has been married once since that divorce.

That new hubby must have felt great. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

divorcen

Another Illogical Comment

Many many parents wish to have the same name as their children. And since I think children are the number one priority over appearace or a doctor's alleged reputation, a parent retaining the name of their children makes perfect sense. If you can not understand that, I think counseling is in order. Maybe you need to ask yourself if her use of the name evidences the prior relationship for you? Do the children also casue you to have these feelings? Accept what is. I am sure the whole town knows her story and a simple name change will not affect either of your status. Can we move on to something more important now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">