• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

temp custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pamoore

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state Alabama

My husband and I recently gained "temporary custody" of our young grandaughter through the courts. Now the parents have filed for divorce, uncontested with no custody or child support issuess. How can that be??? This child still exists. This doesn't make sense to me. Can someone enlighten me?

LdiJ

pamoore said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state Alabama

My husband and I recently gained "temporary custody" of our young grandaughter through the courts. Now the parents have filed for divorce, uncontested with no custody or child support issuess. How can that be??? This child still exists. This doesn't make sense to me. Can someone enlighten me?
It appears that they are choosing not to litigate custody or child support issues since neither one of them currently has custody of the child. That really isn't all that unusual.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">