• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temp Order hearing help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sky7051

Washington state

So hears the issue at hand: Yesterday I filed motion for temp order hearing attempting to take my soon to be ex to court to try and retrieve items she stole from the home (personal property I acquired before our marriage) an pawned. I got everything filed and served her and her lawyer. Well now I got an email this morning from her lawyer saying she's (the lawyer) not available on the hearing date, in fact she lists days she's not available and its every day between now and after the pawn tickets expire???? So what I need to know, am I required to change the date? will it be done for me? Pretty much where do I go from here or do I even have a hope? thank you for any help advice you can offer

LdiJ

Washington state

So hears the issue at hand: Yesterday I filed motion for temp order hearing attempting to take my soon to be ex to court to try and retrieve items she stole from the home (personal property I acquired before our marriage) an pawned. I got everything filed and served her and her lawyer. Well now I got an email this morning from her lawyer saying she's (the lawyer) not available on the hearing date, in fact she lists days she's not available and its every day between now and after the pawn tickets expire???? So what I need to know, am I required to change the date? will it be done for me? Pretty much where do I go from here or do I even have a hope? thank you for any help advice you can offer
Well...you could simply redeem your stuff and then fight it out over the money instead.

sky7051

Guess I forgot to include that part. When she pawned the items she kept the pawn tickets and refuses to hand them over. This hearing is me trying to get the court to order her to hand them over so I can retrieve my items.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Guess I forgot to include that part. When she pawned the items she kept the pawn tickets and refuses to hand them over. This hearing is me trying to get the court to order her to hand them over so I can retrieve my items.
So has the divorce been filed yet?

sky7051

Yes divorce has been filed. Final divorce hearing sometime around 18 December. Pawn tickets expire 8th december

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">