• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temp relocation for spouse job, now he wants me out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lwhittier

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine
My husband and I have been married 5 years. He was relocated to Alabama about a month ago for work purposes (for approx 8 months). Due to the length of time he needed to be away, we leased our home and I left my job and travelled with him to Alabama. He had an option of Corporate housing by his employer (which I could not stay in) or getting a nice per diem monthly check and providing his own housing. We chose the latter so myself and our dogs could be with him. Now he says he wants me to leave (even though my home in Maine is currently leased and I have no job and the Maine job market is not great...and anyway, I'm in Alabama). He says if I won't leave then he will just go take corporate housing which I cannot stay in and then I will be forced to leave because I have no money to pay for anything. What can I/should I do? (this is a no-fault case by the way) Doesn't he have some kind of obligation to me considering the circumstances?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine
My husband and I have been married 5 years. He was relocated to Alabama about a month ago for work purposes (for approx 8 months). Due to the length of time he needed to be away, we leased our home and I left my job and travelled with him to Alabama. He had an option of Corporate housing by his employer (which I could not stay in) or getting a nice per diem monthly check and providing his own housing. We chose the latter so myself and our dogs could be with him. Now he says he wants me to leave (even though my home in Maine is currently leased and I have no job and the Maine job market is not great...and anyway, I'm in Alabama). He says if I won't leave then he will just go take corporate housing which I cannot stay in and then I will be forced to leave because I have no money to pay for anything. What can I/should I do? (this is a no-fault case by the way) Doesn't he have some kind of obligation to me considering the circumstances?
Do you have a lease where you are? He can't just walk out on the lease. If there's no lease, then you might have a problem.

No matter what happens with the housing, you need to get a job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">