• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas divorce car question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

khades71

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Before I separated from my husband he agreed to let me keep the car that is in his name only and he keep the car that is in both of names. Both cars were aquired during the marriage, now he wants the car that I've been driving. What rights do I have concerning the car?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Before I separated from my husband he agreed to let me keep the car that is in his name only and he keep the car that is in both of names. Both cars were aquired during the marriage, now he wants the car that I've been driving. What rights do I have concerning the car?
Its community property. You have just as much right to it as he does until a judge says otherwise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">