• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Divorce - Pro Se

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

poopdedupe

What is the name of your state? Lovely Texas

I'm trying to do my own divorce..........I'm stuck.........my wonderful spouse abandon me several years ago.............and under grounds it says I should put insupportable because of discord and personally conflicts............ even though he has fallen off the face of the earth? :D And we haven't been together for four years. Seems rather odd to me.

Thank you for any advise you may be able to give me!

B

Boxcarbill

poopdedupe said:
What is the name of your state? Lovely Texas

I'm trying to do my own divorce..........I'm stuck.........my wonderful spouse abandon me several years ago.............and under grounds it says I should put insupportable because of discord and personally conflicts............ even though he has fallen off the face of the earth? :D And we haven't been together for four years. Seems rather odd to me.

Thank you for any advise you may be able to give me!
This following is called no fault grounds. And so long as one party responds that there is no reasoable expectation of a reconcilation, the divorce will be granted

Ground for Divorce

The marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities between Petitioner and Respondent that destroys the legitimate ends of the marriage relationship and prevents any reasonable expectation of reconciliation.

If you feel some kind of inner need to allege and prove up fault grounds then allege "abandonment." Just be aware that you will have to prove up the fault grounds alleged or the divorce will not be granted. But, hey, if you like to do stuff the hard way go for it.

poopdedupe

:) thank you for your response.........sure do appreciate you.....

Okay then, what about a "Citation by Publication" and "Citation by Posting" can I do the posting?

Thank you boxcar..........your really an engine ;)

B

Boxcarbill

poopdedupe said:
:) thank you for your response.........sure do appreciate you.....

Okay then, what about a "Citation by Publication" and "Citation by Posting" can I do the posting?

Thank you boxcar..........your really an engine ;)
I suggest that if you are going to do this yourself that you get a copy of the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure (TRCP).

TRCP 103 WHO MAY SERVE
Citation and other notices may be served anywhere by (1) any sheriff or constable or other person authorized by law or, (2) by any person authorized by law or by written order of the court who is not less than eighteen years of age. No person who is a party to or interested in the outcome of a suit shall serve any process. Service by registered or certified mail and citation by publication shall, if requested, be made by the clerk of the court in which the case is pending. The order authorizing a person to serve process may be made without written motion and no fee shall be imposed for issuance of such order.

TRCP 106 METHOD OF SERVICE
(a) Unless the citation or an order of the court otherwise directs, the citation shall be served by any person authorized by Rule 103 by
(1) delivering to the defendant, in person, a true copy of the citation with the date of delivery endorsed thereon with a copy of the petition attached thereto, or
(2) mailing to the defendant by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, a true copy of the citation with a copy of the petition attached thereto.
(b) Upon motion supported by affidavit staling the location of the defendant's usual place of business or usual place of abode or other place where the defendant can probably be found and staling specifically the facts showing that service has been attempted under either (a)(l) or (a)(2) at the location named in such affidavit but has not been successful, the court may authorize service
(1) by leaving a true copy of the citation, with a copy of the petition attached, with anyone over sixteen years of age at the location specified in such affidavit, or
(2) in any other manner that the affidavit or other evidence before the court shows will be reasonably ..effective to give the defendant notice of the suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">