• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

txsephelp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My husband and I are going through the first stages of divorce. We decided to draft separation paper work on our own. We both agreed to everything and signed it in front of a notary. Does this mean we are bound to it now? He is trying to tell me that the paper work doesn't fit Texas requirements for separation paper work. Every where i have looked says that Texas does not have laws regarding separation so what format is he talking about? He also told me that i can not put alimony in separation paper work is this true? He already signed in front of the notary so doesn't that make it a contract that i can hold him to? Is there a place i can send our agreement to, to get it on record?

thanks for the help

txsephelp

thank you so much for the help i was really stressed about all of that. does anyone know how i file the petition>?

seniorjudge

thank you so much for the help i was really stressed about all of that. does anyone know how i file the petition>?
Yes; you take your petition to the clerk of the court where those kinds of lawsuits are heard and say, "Here's my original, here's my service copy, and here's my copy I want file-stamped for my file. How much do I owe you?"

The clerk will have bazillions of questions.

Answer them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">