• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas - Papers Not Served

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sunrise

What is the name of your state? Texas

My wife filed for divorce... I have not been served. The reason is that I do not have a separate address... I do not have another permanent address and I have not been back to our house in the last few weeks because of business issues. When I talked to my wife she said that her attorney wanted me to sign a waiver so that the divorce could proceed. My daughter got a copy of the divorce filing and read it to me over the phone... in it my wife wants me to pay for all the legal expenses, and is asking the court to allow her to keep using credit cards and claims the marriage had no children... although we do have two grown children... my questions are: 1.) Do I need to be served or sign a waiver for the divorce to proceed? 2.) Do I have to pay for her attorney? 3.) Do they need to show our children in the document? 4.) Do I have to allow her to keep using credit cards?

seniorjudge

Sunrise said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

My wife filed for divorce... I have not been served. The reason is that I do not have a separate address... I do not have another permanent address and I have not been back to our house in the last few weeks because of business issues. When I talked to my wife she said that her attorney wanted me to sign a waiver so that the divorce could proceed. My daughter got a copy of the divorce filing and read it to me over the phone... in it my wife wants me to pay for all the legal expenses, and is asking the court to allow her to keep using credit cards and claims the marriage had no children... although we do have two grown children... my questions are: 1.) Do I need to be served or sign a waiver for the divorce to proceed? 2.) Do I have to pay for her attorney? 3.) Do they need to show our children in the document? 4.) Do I have to allow her to keep using credit cards?
1.) Do I need to be served or sign a waiver for the divorce to proceed?

A: Yes.

2.) Do I have to pay for her attorney?

A: This will be answered in the judgment of your lawsuit.

3.) Do they need to show our children in the document?

A: I don't know what document you are talking about, but if there are minor children involved in this lawsuit, then their names will be mentioned.

4.) Do I have to allow her to keep using credit cards?

A: Cancel them or keep them; your choice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">