• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas rules?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SheenaMatt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas. If you are having marriage problems and nothing you do is working, I have not seen in the rules a cause for divorce being Unreconsilable difference. So I dont know if I can file for a divorce or try to make a marriage work that I believe has failed a year ago. I love him, but I honestly don't believe he loves me anymore. I also need to know if I have to file for a legal Separation in Texas before I can file for a divorce. I have three kids and the fighting is too much. I don't want them to think this is how it should be. They need to see their mother happy again. Please someone help me.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas. If you are having marriage problems and nothing you do is working, I have not seen in the rules a cause for divorce being Unreconsilable difference. So I dont know if I can file for a divorce or try to make a marriage work that I believe has failed a year ago. I love him, but I honestly don't believe he loves me anymore. I also need to know if I have to file for a legal Separation in Texas before I can file for a divorce. I have three kids and the fighting is too much. I don't want them to think this is how it should be. They need to see their mother happy again. Please someone help me.
If you enter 'texas divorce grounds' (without the quotes), you get 1.3 million hits. The first one is:
Divorce Support - Texas Grounds for Divorce

No-Fault Based Grounds:

The marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities that destroys the legitimate ends of the marital relationship and prevents any reasonable expectation of reconciliation.

Fault Based Grounds:

1. Mental Cruelty. 2. Adultery. 3. Imprisonment or Conviction of a felony. 4. Abandonment. 5. Living Separate and Apart. 6. Insanity and confinement to a state mental hospital.

The no-fault grounds is what you're calling irreconcilable differences. And, no, you don't need a legal separation first.

Last edited:

SheenaMatt

If you enter 'texas divorce grounds' (without the quotes, you get 1.3 million hits. The first one is:
Divorce Support - Texas Grounds for Divorce

No-Fault Based Grounds:

The marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities that destroys the legitimate ends of the marital relationship and prevents any reasonable expectation of reconciliation.

Fault Based Grounds:

1. Mental Cruelty. 2. Adultery. 3. Imprisonment or Conviction of a felony. 4. Abandonment. 5. Living Separate and Apart. 6. Insanity and confinement to a state mental hospital.

The no-fault grounds is what you're calling irreconcilable differences. And, no, you don't need a legal separation first.
Thanks for the help. I couldn't seem to actually find it. Thank you again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">