• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Spousal Support Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NewlyMarried

I am receiving spousal support and got remarried this past weekend in Texas. It does not say what to do in my decree. Do I just email my ex to let him know so he stops spousal support? Do I fill out a formal letter for the clerk? I won't have my marriage license for 2-4 weeks. Do I need it before I send a letter to the clerk? Thanks in advance!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well done for wanting to do the right thing. Where is the originating order from? Also TX?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
From a quick search, it would appear that he can just stop paying. *I* would likely email him, then follow up w/a copy of the marriage certificate when you get it. If he wants something more official, it would really be up to him...

NewlyMarried

From a quick search, it would appear that he can just stop paying. *I* would likely email him, then follow up w/a copy of the marriage certificate when you get it. If he wants something more official, it would really be up to him...

Thank you! That's what I found as well. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">