• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Student loan responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texas_goat

What is the name of your state? tx
I am currently in the middle of a divorce. We had been married 7 years. She filed for divorce 5 mo after getting her degree and 2 mo after getting her teaching certificiate. Like the other post. A big sticking point is the college debt. She has never let me see how much debt she has accumulated. After discovery it turnsout to be 40k. None has been used for living, transportation expenses. I understand Texas is community property, but the benefit cannot be split. Who is liable for the loans ?

texas_goat

Summary Judgement

They were able to get summary judgement on the issue --- it is a community debt. beware spousal student loans.. they are yours too! :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">